This is a super easy, super yummy and supper vegan brownies recipe! It has a very special taste, thanks to the sweet potato, the maple syrup, the coconut oil and the exotic dates and a high nutritional value, thanks to the almonds and the wheat flour!
IngredientsFor the brownies
- 500 g sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 15 dates
- 120 ml maple syrup
- 100 g ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- 100 g ground oats
- 50 g cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut them into chunks and boil them for about 15 minutes, until they become really soft.
- Then add them to a food processor with the pitted dates.
- Put the remaining ingredients into another bowl and stir well.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place into a lined baking dish and cook for about forty-five to fifty minutes, until you can pierce the brownie with a fork and bring it out dry. Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about ten minutes.
- While the brownies are cooking, make the icing.
- Melt all the ingredients together and stir well, then place in the freezer for 15 minutes and then in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Remove the brownies from the tray and leave to cool completely before icing, otherwise your icing will melt! Spread the icing on top using a spatula.
- You may decorate with a few smashed almonds.