Banana cakes -or breads- are a healthy alternative option to the full of butter and sugar traditional ones. For this recipe you will need really overripe bananas and tahini that add to its special taste. As all vegan recipes, it’s perfect if you engage into fasting. Optionally, you may spread chocolate tahini on top of it!
- 3 large overripe bananas
- 75 ml sunflower oil, plus some more for greasing the cake pan
- 50 g tahini
- 100 g brown sugar
- 150 g whole-grain flour
- 75 g all-purpose flour
- 8 g baking powder (1 full teaspoon)
- 80 g coarsely broken nuts (almonds or wholenuts)
- 50 g chocolate pearls
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon (optionally)
- Chocolate tahini for spreading (optionally)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel the bananas, put them in a bowl and mash them with a fork to puré
- Mix them with the tahini, the sunflower oil and the sugar.
- Add the two types of flour, the baking powder, the cinnamon and stir properly.
- Finally, add the chocolate pearls and the nuts and fold the dough using a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a sunflower oil greased cake pan.
- Check if the surface of the cake has started over-browning and cover it with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 20 more minutes. Meanwhile check if the cake is ready by inserting a toothpick – if it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Allow some time to cool before cutting to pieces.