This is the base recipe for any banana bread! You may experiment by yourself by adding dry fruits like raising or apricots, your favorite spices or even orange or lemon zest for extra taste
- 3 large black bananas
- 75g sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 100g brown sugar
- 225g plain flour (or use self-raising flour and reduce the baking powder to 2 heaped teaspoons)
- 3 heaped teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven 180C fan/gas 6
- Mash the peeled bananas with a fork, then mix well with the oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and combine well.
- Bake in a greased loaf tin for 20 minutes.
- Check and cover with foil if the cake is browning.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing. It's delicious freshly baked, but develops a lovely gooey quality the day after.