Today I woke up with an appetite for pancakes! I decided to play with the classic recipe and evolve it in its vegan version.
I dont need much time to make them and even less to eat them! They can be served with maple syrup, finely chopped banana and nuts or with praline like I did. Click here to see my recipe for vegan hazelnut praline.
- 140 gr flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 banana
- 1 cup filtered water
- 115 gr pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- In another bowl, mix the banana with the wet ingredients together, slowly mix the dry into the wet and mix until all combined.
- Brush preheated griddle or skillet with oil or spray with cooking oil.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons of batter on griddle or skillet.
- Allow to cook for 30 to 40 seconds on one side depending to temperature, bubbles will appear.
- Flip and allow to cook on other side.
- Serve with sliced bananas and maple syrup.