You know my love for energy balls. These small vegan truffles are made with the simplest materials in a minimum of time. Just beat them all together in the blender and roll them into balls.
It is the ideal snack for the days when you can not get breakfast, for the office or to get a boost on the go. Variations are infinite and very different!
Today I make them with almond and vanilla flavor.
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 cup oats, gluten free if you want
- 2 tablespoon crushed slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak dates in very hot water for about 10 mins, reserve some of the liquid.
- Put the dates into a food processor and process until chopped and semi smooth.
- Add the date mixture and the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Roll into about 1-inch balls.
- Place in freezer to set for about 10 minutes then store in the fridge for up to 7 days.