Today’s pizza dough recipe is the simplest, easiest and quicker recipe that you could do. Its main advantage is that you don’t have to wait for it to rise! You simply mix all ingredients together and bake it. If, btw, you want to prepare the original Italian recipe, you can click to find it here.
You may use it to prepare either a savoury or a dessert pizza! For savoury recipes, you prepare it the exact way I describe in the directions that follow and then you add sauce, cheese, charcuterie or anything else you want. For a dessert pizza, you bake it according to directions, remove it from the oven and add yours or mine favourite ingredients: praline and strawberries!
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of lukewarm milk
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Put all ingredients except of the flour inside a bowl.
- Add the flour in portions and mix with your hands until you get a smooth dough.
- Grease with butter a baking pan and transfer it to the oven until hot.
- Remove the pan from the oven and press with your hands the dough into the pan until it is about 0.5 cm thick.
- For a savoury recipe: Bake the dough for 3 minutes, remove it from the oven, add all ingredients of your choice, put back in the oven and bake until all cheese has melted.
- For a dessert recipe: Bake the dough for 8 minutes, remove it from the oven and add the ingredients of your choice, e.g. praline, strawberries, coconut etc.