My love for avocados goes to a new level with this recipe! I usually prefer it in savory recipes but today I decided to create a cream pie (because you can fill cream pies with whatever you want) and make a cream out of the classic avocado-cheesecake recipe using the same ingredients.
- 3 avocados, ripe cut into cubes
- 300 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder (or grated ginger in the size of a dice)
- 2 eggs
- 400 g cream cheese
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Divide the eggs to yolks and egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites into a meringue using a mixer
- Add the sugar and continue beating.
- Add avocado, ginger, one of the two yolks and cream cheese and mix with a whisk until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Spread the mixture on the puff pastry and "close" it like a folder.
- Dissolve the second yolk with a tablespoon of water and brush the pastry
- Bake in a well preheated oven at 180° C for 30-35 minutes or until it gets a nice golden color