I did τoday’s recipe just because I like to knit dough braids! Pasta Flora is one of the most classic dwsserts made by our mums especially in the 1990’s. Today we have somewhat forgotten it. Buttery, crispy tart that blends perfectly with the fruity jam.
InstructionsFor the filling:
- Put a wide, non-stick pan in the eye at moderate heat.
- Add the butter and the strawberries. Mix them until the butter has cover all sides.
- Add the jam and almond flour and mix well.
- In a shot of water, dissolve the corn flour and pour it into the mixture.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the mixture binds.
- Allow to cool and come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C.
- Cover the tart pan with butter and flour.
- Prepare the dough according to the instructions you will find here.
- Put the dough on the pan and cut the extra edges with a knife.
- Roll the rest of the dough on a bench and cut strips about 0.5 cm thick.
- With a sharp knife, cut the strips and put them in the refrigerator.
- You will need 20 strips.
- Knit 4 strips of dough into two braids.
- Fill the tart with the stuffing.
- Then place the strips and braids as in the picture.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 170 °C or until it gets a nice golden color.