I have tried all so many recipes for a strawberry ice cream so that I could find the perfect one. I swear this is the most simple and yet most tasty of them all. The end of June is the best period to make this recipe because strawberies have the most rich flavor and they are quite cheap to buy.
- 500 gr strawberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- Wash and trim the strawberries, then cut into slices.
- Place strawberries in a food processor or blender and puree. Set aside.
- Combine cream, milk, lemon juice and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the strawberry puree and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until completely cool.
- Pour the cooled cream mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions.