I adore the taste of both original pesto and of any kind of its versions! In its quick and easy recipe that follows, the special taste is defined by the use of spinach, avocado, almonds, spearmint and, of course, garlic! The result is interesting, yummy and… vegan!
- 1 avocado
- 500 g spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 slice of stale bread
- 150 g almonds
- 50 g olive oil
- ½ of a lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 sprig of spearmint (only its leaves)
- Wash and sieve the vegetables.
- Peel the avocado and take its seed out.
- Place all ingredients inside a blender and blend until you have got a smooth pesto.
- Serve on top of hot pasta.