I have grown up with this recipe! As “exotic” as it sounds, to me it was an everyday dish, all the summers of my childhood.
The ”sfouggato” is something between a pie and baked omelet and its base is green zucchini, herbs and eggs! This recipe reminds a lot of the Spanish tortilla.
- 5 green zucchini
- 8 eggs
- 200 gr ladotyri Mytilene, grated
- 200 gr feta cheese, grated
- 80 gr flour, sifted
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons chopped herbs (cervil, parsley, dill, mint)
- Olive oil for the pan
- Salt & pepper
- Grate zucchini from coarse grater and add salt.
- Put them in a strainer and let them drain out their liquids.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, add the grated cheese, onions (dry and fresh), herbs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the grated zucchini and mix.
- Transfer to a baking sheet is covered with olive oil.
- Bake in a well preheated oven at 180 °C for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.