Today’s recipe is a breakfast recipe that originates from far Texas. In this part of America, they love to fill their tacos with a lot and different ingredients, scrambled eggs being one of the most beloved options.
They accompany them with red beans, minced meat or peas – like I accompany them today.
For the tacos, you may buy ready-made from the supermarket or, else, to buy tortillas, cut them with a cookie cutter at a circular shape, place them in a cake mould and bake them for 5 minutes at 180°C. So, you are going to have “home-made” tacos.
- VEGAN CHILLI CON CARNE TACOS
- OPEN SANDWICH WITH SPINACH, MUSHROOMS AND EGG
- TWO IDEAS FOR HOMEMADE BAGELS
- 4 tacos
- 3 eggs
- 50 g butter
- 50 ml milk
- 50 g peas
- Prepare a bain-marie by attaching a bowl inside a pot with boiling water.
- Add the butter (cut into parts) and let it melt.
- Add the eggs and the milk and start stirring the mixture with an egg-whisker.
- The procedure may be slow, but this is the best way to get real velvet-like scrambled eggs.
- Whisk regularly and after about 15 minutes your eggs will be ready.
- Add the peas, salt and pepper and stir the mix.
- Serve inside the tacos and garnish with some spearmint leaves.