My after Christmas #10daydetox goes on with a quinoa, chicken, herbs and vegetables salad! Very easy and fast to make, ideal for lunch break at work!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 10 tomato cherries, quartered
- 10 black olives pitted and diced
- 1 medium onion, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- A few parsley leaves (depending to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 chicken fillet
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mash garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt into a paste with the side of a chef’s knife or a fork.
- Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, olives and onion in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil mixture and toss well to coat.
- Meanwhile, combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken, 2 teaspoons of the oil mixture and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in the medium bowl. Toss to coat.
- Roast the chicken until it gets a nice golden color.
- Whisk vinegar into the remaining oil mixture. Add the quinoa and toss with the dressing.
- Serve the salad topped with the vegetables and roasted chicken.