This recipe is an excellent alternative to meat burgers, even if you are not a vegetarian.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Soak chickpeas overnight and boil them until tender (45-60 minutes). That will make you about 2 cups cooked chickpeas.
- Drain and mash in the food processor
- Boil the quinoa in a pot filled with with 1 cup water and wait until it sucks up all the water.
- Cover the pan with a kitchen towel and leave it aside. That will give you about 1 3/4 cups cooked quinoa.
- Grate the vegetables like cheese
- Lightly oil a pan and saute all vegetables for 5 minutes or until they lose all their fluids.
- Spice them up and put aside.
- In a large bowl mix thoroughly ground chickpeas and quinoa. Then add the sauteed vegetables and mix well using your hands.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for two hours to firm up
- Shape them into balls and press them using your palms to make burgers. then bake at 180°C for 40 minutes until they get a nice golden color.