Quince is cherished in my home land. There is no house without a quince preserves jar, and no visit without the same treat.
I remember when i was little, i was searching the cupboards to find the hidden jar, withound anyone knowing. I remember my father to add quince preserves on top of yoghurt in the morning, with waiting his greek coffee to be ready.
- 500 gr quinces
- 500 gr sugar
- 1 glass of water
- 1 twig apple geranium
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Peel the quinces.
- Remove the heart and seeds from each quince and cut into small rectangles.
- Place the quince pieces with the water in a saucepan and let them simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and simmer until it thickens.
- Add the lemon juice and apple geranium.
- Let them come to a boil and remove from heat.