Who can resist the healthy version of Christmas muffins; Super tasty with cinnamon, nuts and raisins, this recipe is a snack savior for the Christmas season.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Heat the oven to 220°C.
- Grease a muffin pan, or line the wells with paper muffin cups.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the oats, nuts and raisins.
- In a large cup, whisk the olive oil with the egg and milk.
- Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a rack until they are cool enough to be handled.
- Remove from the pan and eat while warm, or let cool completely and then store in an airtight container.