Super spring cake with light cream and juicy strawberries.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 700 g. fresh milk, whole fat
- 300 g. sour cream 35% -36% fat + extra 300 g. sour cream, beaten in the mixer until thick cream (like yogurt)
- 1 vanilla stick
- 160 g. granular sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 80 g. corn flour
- 1 jelly sheet of 5 g. or 2 jelly sheets of 2,5 g.
- 500 g. strawberries, cut in half
- Roll out puff pastry on a baking sheet. Place a hoop onto puff pastry and cut around with a thin knife making two orthogonal in dimensions we want.
- Put baking sheets on puff pastries. On top put lentils or chickpeas and bake them for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
- In a saucepan put the milk and the thick sour cream.
- With a knife rip along vanilla stick, collect black seeds from the inside and add them to the pot. Also add the stick and place the on medium heat.
- Soak jelly sheet in cold water until soften.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl mix together sugar, corn flour, eggs and yolks. Once milk boils, pour ⅓ of this mixture and stir.
- Pour the rest of the mixture back into the saucepan and continue stirring over the heat until cream thickens. Remove the saucepan from the heat and put in the drained jelly.
- Mix cream well and pour it into a flat pan (baking pan or pyrex). Cover with shrink wrap to avoid crust. Once cools, remove vanilla stick from the mixture and add the thick cream. Stir gently.
To assemble cake
- In either a hoop or pan( 24cm diameter) place the first puff pastry sheet. Set strawberries around and cover it with half the cream.
- Place the rest of strawberries in the middle and pour the other half of cream.
- Place the second puff pastry sheet.
- Let cake cool in the fridge for 8 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate glaze and serve. Click here for the Chocolate Glaze Recipe