The combination of baked apple with Macedonian Halva is the most delicious “matchmaking” that I have ever done in my kitchen. Delicious, pleasant and suitable for fasting.
Today, I show you how to prepare crunchy fyllo dough mini rolls filled with small apple cubes and Macedonian Halva.
I use Macedonian Halva with vanilla flavour because it gives perfect texture and taste to the filling. I always add some coarsely smashed nuts for the necessary “crunchiness” and cinnamon for the flavour
P.S. Chocolate lovers like myself may optionally garnish with a bit of melted couverture chocolate.
- 1 package of fyllo dough
- 500 g Macedonian Halva with vanilla flavour
- 3 red apples
- 150 g smashed nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Olive oil for coating the fyllo dough
- Cut the apples into cubes of 0.5 cm.
- Using your hands, smash the Macedonian Halva and add it inside a bowl.
- Add the cinnamon, the smashed nuts and the apples. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cut the fyllo dough into two pieces.
- Open the fyllo dough sheets.
- Add two tablespoons of the filling at the edge of every sheet.
- Coat with olive oil every oblong fyllo at its outer edges and fold it and roll it into a wrap.
- Add the mini rolls to a parchment paper covered baking sheet and bake them to preheated oven at 180 degrees, for 30-35 minutes.
- Optionally, garnish with melted couverture chocolate.