The tiny poppy seed has great nutritional value! It is a rich source of B complex vitamins and contains many plant chemical compounds that have been found to have antioxidant activity.
- 110 gr whole wheat flour
- 110 g flour for all uses
- 100 ml yoghurt
- 200 gr icing sugar
- 50 ml sunflower oil (or sesame oil)
- 50 ml milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 3 big eggs
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Flour and butter for the pan
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Butter a cake pan and then the flour well.
- Stir the solids in a bowl. That means the poppy seed, the flour, the baking powder, the salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Mix the liquid mixture with the solid ingredients until they are incorporated.
- Add the sunflower oil to the mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to the buttered form and bake for 45 minutes.