Your world will change after this recipe. There is no return to the sweet waffle following the first bite of the pizza-waffle. I got inspired by the famous Duck and Waffle in London with the world known specialty of duck-waffle. I preferred cooking it as pizza combining my two favorite comfort foods. #thankmelater
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded Irish cheddar cheese
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl to aerate and break up any lumps; set aside.
- Place the eggs in a second large bowl and whisk until just broken up.
- Add the milk and, while whisking constantly, slowly pour in the melted butter until evenly combined.
- Add the cheese and stir until combined.
- Add the milk-cheese mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until the flour is just incorporated and no streaks remain (the batter may have a few lumps); set aside.
- Heat a waffle iron to medium according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once heated, fill it with batter, close the lid, and cook until the steam starts to diminish (open the top and peek for doneness after a few minutes).
- Transfer the waffle to the wire rack in the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.