This dessert came to my mind one night when I had visitors at home and I did not have time to prepare something very special! Off course when my frinds visit, they expect something completely original.So I thought to fill some choux with pistachio butter, put them in cups of coffee and coat them with chocolate mousse!
The result was simply magical!
Tip: I used nut butter from pistachios that you can make home if you have a thermomechanic device or get ready in a jar (click here).
But you can also use regular peanut butter that you can easily find in the supermarket.
If you want to make your own choux click here to see my recipe.
- 200 gr couverture, broken into pieces
- 350ml heavy cream
- 15 choux
- 15 teaspoons nut butter, from pistachios
- Put the pieces of chocolate in a bowl.
- Add 150ml of heavy cream in a saucepan to boil.
- Once the cream starts to boil, remove it from the heat and pour the chocolate into the bowl, stirring well to homogenize the two ingredients.
- Whip the remaining 200ml of heavy cream with a mixer.
- Stir the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. At this stage the mousse is somewhat sparse, so put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm. Fill the choux with the pistachio butter.
- Put a tablespoon of the mousse in cups of coffee and then add the stuffed choux. (I put your 3-4 in each cup)
- Finally, fill the glasses with the rest of the chocolate mousse.