A delicious cake baked over caramelized pineapple.
- 200 gr liquid black sugar
- 200 gr pineapple rings, canned in natural juice
- 250 gr flour, for all uses
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 60 gr cream cheese
- 60 gr margarine with butter, at room temperature
- 110 gr granulated sugar
- 60 gr liquid black sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 ml milk, at room temperature
- 60 gr yoghurt
- 2 egg whites, from large eggs
InstructionsFor the base:
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Sprinkle with black sugar the base of a cake pan. Drain the pineapple and place the rings evenly in the mold so that they touch each other.
- First, sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Using the mixer, whisk the cream cheese, margarine with butter, the granulated and black sugar at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix for 2 more minutes, scraping the sides of the mixer bowl.
- In a bowl, mix the milk with the yoghurt and sift one third of the flour mixture. Mix by folding with a spatula.
- Continue the same procedure with the remaining flour mixing in 2 doses.
- Beat the egg whites in the mixer until they are triple in volume and have tight peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture until they are fully incorporated and spread the mixture over the pineapple, making sure the pieces do not move.
- Bake for 35 minutes and then let the cake cool in the mold and then turn it over to a platter carefully so that the pineapple pieces do not move.