The pickle word is of Persian origin and means vegetables preserved in brine.
Pickles are a popular appetizer that does not come to our menus only in the fasting season. Especially the pickled cucumbers are perfect with burgers!
- 2 large carrots, cleaned and cut into thick slices
- 5 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 5-6 cauliflower tassels
- 5-6 small cucumbers
- 5-6 peppers horns, whole
- 1/2 water glass vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pepper grains
- 1 tablespoon salt
- First wash the vegetables, cut them and blanch them in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Remove them with a pierced ladle and put them in a large sterile vase. Add salt, pepper and cover them with some of the water they boiled in. Add vinegar and let them cool down.
- Seal the jar. After 24 hours they can be consumed.
- Once it is opened, store it in the fridge.
- Remember that vinegar and salt are naturally conservative. Also, blanching vegetables is necessary.