As we approach the season of the most delicious fruit, we are preparing for the most “favorite” jam of Greece. Simple and super aromatic!
- 1 kg peaches
- 1 kg sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- Grate the peaches in the coarse grater and then add all the sugar.
- Transfer the mixture to a thick bottom pot.
- Allow 8-12 hours to lose their liquid and the sugar melts.
- Put the pan over high heat and squeeze the lemon.
- Mix, and when it starts boiling, lightly lower the heat.
- From time to time, scrape the surface from the foams.
- When the jam is ready, put it in jars and then in the fridge.