The basic recipe of pesto is enriched with peas and gains a new dimension with pistachio and lemon zest.
Tip1: You can use fresh or frozen peas, but it will definitely make it much more tasty with the fresh.
Tip2: You can play with what you want pasta, but surely tortellines create a very complete dish.
- 250 gr fresh peas
- 50 gr basil leaves
- 30 gr arugula
- 50 gr pistachios
- juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 gr parmesan grated
- 50-100 gr olive oil
- 250 gr pasta (whatever kind you prefer)
- 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen, boiled)
- 1/2 handful baby arugula
- A little lemon zest
- Put all the ingredients in a blender with knives, except for olive oil and parmesan cheese.
- Beat 2 minutes until the pistachios break and have a homogeneous pesto.
- Finally, add the olive oil and parmesan cheese and beat it until it is fluid.
- Beat some moer to homogenize the mixture and it's ready.
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions of the package.
- Drain the pasta and pout them again into the saucepan with the pesto.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until the pasta is covered on all sides.
- Transfer to dishes and decorate with peas, baby arugula and lemon zest.