In this blog we love a lot both vegan recipes and pasta dishes. In the recipe that follows, I combine my favourite pasta with a selection of delicious vegetables and a foolproof and quick to make béchamel sauce made of overnight soaked cashews.
- SPINACH AVOCADO PESTO
- SPAGHETTI WITH PUMPKIN SAUCE
- HOW TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE FOR PASTA
IngredientsFor the vegan cashew béchamel
- 2-3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 200 g raw cashews
- ½ cup of non-dairy milk
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 portions of pasta (of your own preference)
- 1 handful of vegetables of your choice, e.g. onion, zucchini, pepper and sweet potato (sliced into carré)
- 50 g cashews
- Fresh spearmint
- Olive oil for sautéing
InstructionsFor the vegan cashew béchamel
- Soak the cashews over night (or cook for 5 minutes, if you forgot).
- Put all ingredients in your blender.
- Whizz until smooth.
- Tip: You may replace the lemon with lime to mix it up.
- Slice the vegetables into small carré.
- Sauté the vegetables in a non-stick pan with a bit of olive oil.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Transfer the pasta for 30 sec to the pan with the vegetables and mix them together.
- Plate the pasta and the vegetables.
- Top with the vegan cashew béchamel.
- Garnish with cashews and spearmint.