I always wanted to try these shells and to see how it is to fill them one by one! As I expected it, it feels like therapy that somewhat calms you and puts you in a relaxing mood. Especially if you have to fill many shells !!!
- 250 gr pasta shells (Lumaconi Rigati)
- 4 tomatoes, ripe, fresh and grated
- 200 gr sauce, chopped tomato
- 1 onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 clove garlic, cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (oregano, mint, thyme)
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 150 gr ladytiri cheese from Mytilene, grated
- 150 gr cream cheese
- Salt, at will
- Freshly ground pepper
- Put the oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Pour in onion and garlic and with a wooden spoon saute them until they get a nice golden color from all sides.
- Add spring onions and pour in the canned and fresh tomatos.
- Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer.
- Add the herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat, add the cheese and stir well until it melts completely.
- Put salted water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the pasta and leave to boil for 5 minutes.
- Then remove and strain them.
- Fill the shells one by one with the sauce that we have made and place them, side by side, in an oiled pyrex.
- Bake in a well preheated oven at 180 °C for 15 minutes.
- Optionally sprinkle with a little parmesan while still hot.