Today I make a pasta different from what I’m used to. I experiment with cauliflower to make a delicious bessamel textured cream and mix it with sautéed onions and mushrooms.
Super alternative if you want to add vegetables to your diet and to the festive table!
- 1 cauliflower
- 400 gr fusilli pasta
- 5 ml truffle oil
- 250 gr mushrooms, coarse (whatever kind you prefer)
- 2 white onions
- 50 gr sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp. paprika smoked
- 1 tsp. tabasco
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1 tbsp. black sesame
- olive oil for sauteing
- Wash cauliflower, break into tassels and boil in salted water.
- Once it is boiled it is pulverized with an immersion blender until it has a cream texture.
- Add the truffle oil, tabasco, paprika, curry and salt to the cauliflower and mix.
- Boil the fusilli until it is al dente
- Dice the onions and sauté them.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan with the onion, once they get a golden color.
- Once the mushrooms have lost their volume, pour the pasta into the pan and mix well.
- Finally, add half of the cauliflower cream and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a non-stick pyrex.
- Cover with the remaining cream of cauliflower and sprinkle with black sesame.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a well preheated oven at 180 ° C or until it gets golden color.
- We serve hot.