Sundays are made for homemade brunch with savory pancakes!
- 2 potatoes, medium size
- 2 sweet potatoes, small size
- 70 gr. flour
- 3 eggs plus 3 egg whites separately
- 120 gr. yogurt whole
- 100 gr. ''ladotyri'' cheese from Mytilene grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for cooking
- Wash well the potatoes and sweet potatoes but do not peel them.
- Boil them in a saucepan with boiled salted water, until they are soft enough. Dry and peel them while they are still warm.
- Mash them with a fork and place them in a large bowl.
- Pour in the flour and then the 3 whole eggs, lightly beaten, add yogurt, ''ladotyri'' cheese from Mytilene, thyme and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Once all the ingredients are well absorbed, beat the 3 egg whites in a bowl with the wire until light meringue is done and pour them gradually into the mixture with the potatoes, stirring gently to keep the mixture light.
- Salt and pepper slightly.
- Heat a large non-stick pan and put some oil in it.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side.