Chocolate cake and Oreo Cookies make the absolute killer combo for your afternoon tea.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/4th tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups buttermilk (ξινογαλο στα ελληνικά)
- 10 oreo cookies smashed
- 100 gr dark chocolate
- 50 ml cream fresh
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a cake pan. Dust pan with flour.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter and brown and granulated sugars until blended. Increase speed to high; beat 5 minutes or until pale and fluffy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Reduce speed to medium-low; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla until blended. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat just until batter is smooth, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add half of the smashed cookies and mix well.
- Spoon batter in prepared pan. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire racks 10 minutes. Carefully remove; cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Melt chocolate on double boiler and pour in the cream fresh. Let it stand for 3 minutes so that its not very hot.
- Set a first layer of the icing on top of the cake and "glue" the smashed cookies on top of it. Then cover the whole cake with the remaining icing.