Five ingredients are enough to make the coolest tart for Mother’s Day because sometimes it is important that we also have a sweet surprise to show them our love.
Today’s tart is made in a small cake form with a diameter of 15 cm but you can do it in a simple dish (which you would use for cheesecake). I built it like that so I can photoshoot it for this recipe post!
The base is made just like the cheesecake base with just two materials. The cream on the other hand only needs freshly squeezed orange juice, sugar and corn flour.
If you do not want to use granulated sugar, you can make it with coconut sugar that will give a wonderful aftertaste to every bite.
IngredientsFor the biscuit base:
- 250 gr Digestive biscuits
- 80 gr butter, at room temperature
- 1 liter fresh orange juice
- 50 gr sugar
- 70 gr corn flour
InstructionsFor the biscuit base:
- Put the biscuits in the mixer and grind them.
- Transfer them to a bowl.
- Add butter and fingers to make it look like wet sand.
- In a molded 20 cm butter ring, lay the biscuit mixture and apply it well with the back of the spoon sticking to the base and the walls and straightening the surface.
- Bake the base in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down.
- Pour 750 grams of orange juice into a pot and put it on heat.
- Mix the cornflaur and sugar with the rest of the juice.
- As soon as the juice begins to boil, add the corn flarea and stir the cream until it ties well.
- We can also add orange zest for more aroma, as well as cinnamon.
- Then transfer the cream into the prepared tart and cover it with a membrane.
- Allow to cool and serve at room temperature.