Spinach and mushrooms marry between bread and egg! A rustic combination reminiscent of a spinach pie in its quicker and “brunch” version.
The spinach-mushroom mix can be prepared in a larger quantity and put in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 2 slices rustic bread
- 2 eggs
- 300 gr fresh spinach
- 1 dried onion, cut into cubes
- 10 mushrooms (sampinion type), quartered
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs finely chopped (oregano, basil, thyme or whatever else you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt + pepper (at will)
- In a large non-stick pan, let the olive oil burn.
- Saute the onion with the spring onions, then add the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms are reduced in volume, add the spinach and simmer until it loses its fluids.
- Add the herbs, chilli pepper flakes, salt and pepper and stir.
- Toast the bread slices and fry eggs.
- Serve the dish by putting the mixture of spinach over toasted bread and top with an egg.