Favorite Greek pie, ideal for an alternative eigher lunch or dinner.
- olive oil
- 5-6 big onions (combo of white and red onios), chopped
- some leaves of thyme twig's
- 200 g. sliced farmhouse sausage
- 125 g. flour
- 125 g. whole-weat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 75 g. unsalted butter chopped in pieces, room temperature
- 150 ml milk
- 250 g. feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Preheat olive oil in a pan. When it ready add onion and thyme and cook on medium heat for 5-8 minutes . Mix constantly until onions soft and light brown.
- 3-4 minutes before stop cooking add sausages and also sauté them.
- Add pepper and salt and put the mixture in a non-stick round cookware (22cm diameter)
- Put 150 g. feta cheese in big pieces on top.
- Put both flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add butter and mix with hands untli crumby.
- Add milk and mix until soft dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and with a moulder make a rolled-out pastry with diameter a bit bigger from the cookware.
- Put dough in the cookware and press the edges to cover onions.
- With a sharp knife make some stab wounds to dough so as not the pie moist.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until dough stable and baked.
- Cool for some minute, take pie out of the form and chop in pieces to serve.
- Lace the pieces with the rest 100 g. of feta cheese