These oat, chickpea and peanut butter vegan bars are the perfect way to begin your day or just boost your energy levels whenever you feel you have to do so. Like most of the bars recipes I propose to you, they are foolproof to make and super yummy. What makes this recipe differ from others, is the taste of chickpeas.
- NO-BAKE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA BARS
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BARS (5 INGREDIENTS ONLY)
- PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES
- 70 g oats
- 250 g boiled chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 120 g peanut butter
- 80 ml maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Place the oats in a food processor and process for about 30 seconds.
- Add chickpeas and pulse several times.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until well mixed and a ball starts to form.
- Line a rectangular cake baking pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough into the middle of the pan. It will be pretty sticky.
- Get your fingers wet and then work quickly to spread the dough to the corners of the pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into bars and, optionally, drizzle with melted chocolate.