I am crazy for all the exotic fruits, but my soft point is mango! I will never forget what a big discovery it was for me the revelation of its use in the plates of a Thai resto while I was in London. A lot of years after my first touch with it, I decided to use it in a unique recipe for a no bake, cool, summertime, fruity cheesecake that is quick to prepare!
- 300 ml cream (35% fat)
- 400 g cream cheese
- 700 g mango (it is about 1 large mango)
- 15 g pineapple jelly powder
- 100 g white couverture chocolate
- 250 g biscuits
- 100 g melted butter at room temperature
- 150 g jam of your own choice
- Blend the biscuits until completely ground.
- Then, add the melted butter and stir until the mixture has the sense of wet sand.
- Using the back side of a spoon, press the biscuit mixture to the bottom of a greased spring cake mould tin of 20 cm diameter, until it has stuck onto the bottom and its surface has evened.
- Beat the cream until it has turned to Chantilly cream.
- Blend the mango flesh until it has turned to puree.
- Melt the white couverture chocolate inside a bain-marie.
- Bring to a boil 30 ml of water and dissolve the jelly powder inside it.
- In a bowl, mix the Chantilly cream, the cream cheese, the melted chocolate, the mango puree and the pineapple jelly and stir properly with a spatula until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add it to the spring cake mould tin and transfer the tin to the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Optionally, garnish with jam of your own choice. Me myself, I did it with lemon jam!