I have a special habit for the days with good weather, when temperature rises and the first summer heat waves arrive! In order to avoid depression for not being on the beach (!), I start off my day wearing coconut sunscreen. This way I get a strong “feeling” of vacations and I calm down this… “young” Gabriel inside me who desperately wants to escape to a beach! The sunscreen’s smell was the inspiration for the today’s coconut bars recipe!
- 1 cup shredded coconut (80g)
- 1/4 cup agave or pure maple syrup (or 1/4 cup water and 2-3 tsp stevia)
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (This one is my favorite)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Squish into any small container and fridge for 2 hours before trying to cut.
- Remove from container and cut in shape of bars