Today I make a completely different recipe for a New Year’s cake! A very fruity cake with caramelized banana and nuts! Do not forget to put into the lucky coin!
- 5 bananas, very ripe
- 220 gr. self-rising flour
- 300 gr. milk chocolate couverture, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 2 packets vanilla powder
- 80 r. walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 150 gr. brown sugar
- 125 gr. margarine with butter
- Preheat oven to 180° C fan.
- Add the banana pieces, margarine with butter and sugar to a pan. Sauté for 5-10 minutes so that most of the moisture evaporates. The mixture is ready when the bananas are so soft they fall apart simply by stirring.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. When chilled, add the eggs and the vanilla extract and mix well to combine. The mixture has to be cool so that the chocolate won’t melt.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to another bowl. The flour, the baking soda and salt. Mix together. Add the banana mixture. Mix with a fork until it is well combined and comes together, but do not over mix.
- Add the walnuts and the chocolate and mix with a spatula just to distribute.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan that is greased and dusted with flour. Sprinkle some granulated sugar over the top, to create a caramelized, crunchy surface.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Insert a knife to make sure it is done. If it comes out clean, it is. Remove from oven.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and turn out after 15 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- Cover with melted chocolate