You simply have to prepare my tried and tested recipe for the whole wheat pie crust, to fill it with a mixture of mushrooms, cheeses, egg and herbs and bake it for 25 minutes. The result is super yummy and it’s ideally accompanied with a glass of white wine.
- VEGAN PUMPKIN AND MUSHROOM LASAGNE
- MUSHROOM STEW
- VEGETARIAN PHYLLO PIE WITH PEPPERS AND PLEUROTUS MUSHROOMS FILLING
IngredientsFor the filling
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 700 g Pleurotus mushrooms
- 50 ml olive oil
- 200 ml vegetables broth
- 100 g feta cheese (without salt)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 300 g tyrosalata spread (or tyrakafteri spread for a more spicy result)
- 2 pinches of nutmeg powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Add a bit of olive oil to a frying pan and bring it to high heat.
- Then, add the onion and the spring onion and sauté them.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté them until they have shrunk.
- Cool them down using the vegetables broth and lower the heat.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and the egg white.
- Add the tyrosalata spread, the feta cheese, coarsely smashed and stir the mixture.
- Pour the mushrooms inside the bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and stir properly.
- Finally, fill in the tart that you have prepared and bake for 25 minutes in a properly preheated oven to 180°