When time is not by your side but you want or you have to prepare an -at least- decent lunch, Cool Artisan is here by your side with this fabulous recipe for orzo with champignon mushrooms, vegetables and Parmesan cheese! If you are preparing this recipe for a dinner, I advise you to accompany it with white wine!
- If you don’t have vegetable broth, you can simply add a vegetable cube in 500 ml of hot water.
- You can use frozen vegetables for easiness, though the result will always be much more delicious with fresh ones.
- VEGAN PUMPKIN AND MUSHROOM LASAGNE
- MUSHROOM STEW
- VEGETARIAN PHYLLO PIE WITH PEPPERS AND PLEUROTUS MUSHROOMS FILLING
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion cut into cubes
- 1 small garlic clove
- 150 g vegetables cut into cubes (carrot, peppers, green beans)
- 300 g champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 300 g orzo (medium size)
- 100 ml white wine
- ½ of a lemon (zest and juice)
- 500 ml vegetable broth (hot)
- 80 ml heavy cream
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Pour the olive oil into a pot over low heat and add the onion and the garlic (thinly sliced).
- Add the vegetables and the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the orzo and stir well with a wooden ladle.
- Pour the wine and stir properly with a wooden ladle until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add the juice and the zest of the lemon, as well as the broth, and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Then add the heavy cream and stir again.
- Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed and the orzo has set.
- Add the pepper, season to taste and remove from the heat.
- Cover with a clean cotton kitchen towel and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Serve with freshly ground Parmesan cheese.