Today I get the spices I use for classic ”melomakarona” and mix them with the most successful recipe for pancakes! The result is extremely appetizing and ideal for every holiday brunch.
Tip: If you have leftover syrup from ”melomakaron”a you can boil it a bit l;onger, until you get the honey texture and use it to pour the pancakes. Otherwise you will be served with hazelnut praline or chocolate garnish and walnuts.
- 200 gr. yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 50 ml of seed oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 gr. sugar
- 120 gr. self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 tablespoon margarine with butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 orange zest
- syrup from melomacarona, honey, praline or chocolate ganache for serving
- In a bowl, put yoghurt, egg, seed oil, 1 pinch of salt, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 50 gr. sugar and all the herbs (cinnamon, carnation, nutmeg, oranges zest).
- Mix them very well with a wire until the mixture is homogenized.
- Add the flour and 1 tsp. soda and mix with the wire.
- Heat a non-stick 30 cm diameter pan in moderate heat.
- Add a little margarine and cook on a moderate fheat to avoid burning pancakes.
- Put in pan 2 full of spoonfuls of the mixture and spread with the underside of the spoon to make the pancakes.
- When the pancakes begin to blister it means they are ready and with the help of a spatula turn them on the other side. It will need 2-3 minutes for each side.
- Transfer the ready pancakes to a dish and add the toppings of your choice.
- Wipe the pan with paper to avoid burning the next dose of the pancakes and repeat the process until the mixture ends.
- You can decorate with zest and choped nuts.