The Americans call it whoopie pies or whoopies while in Greece we know them as stuffed biscuits! No matter how you call them, they are delicious and delightful to look at!
Today I give them a healthy dimension as I cook them with a vegan recipe based on hazelnuts that have antioxidant action and enrich the cream with Matcha Ninja.
Matcha Ninja has 12 times the nutritional value and up to 137 times the antioxidant properties of any other green tea, and this is largely due to it being from the Zhejiang province, totally free of radioactivity and world famous for its original Dragon Well tea trees.
A cup Matcha Ninja is equivalent to 10 cups of green tea in nutritional values and antioxidant properties. Matcha Ninja compared to other matcha teas, cultivates its trees very carefully and the secret is that they grow in a shady place three weeks before harvesting, raising the levels of chlorophyll and antioxidants.
IngredientsFor the whoopies:
- 150 gr hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (I prefer Chi coconut oil)
- 1 banana
- 4 dates, seedless (I prefer Medjool variety)
- 1/4 teaspoon finest-quality sea salt
- 75 gr vegan butter, (margarine) at room temperature
- 150 gr powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 teaspoon Matcha Ninja (depends on how much green you want it)
InstructionsFor the whoopies:
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking dish and bake them for 5 minutes in a well preheated oven at 180 ° C.
- Remove them from the oven, allow them to come to room temperature and beat them in a blender until they become flour.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a blender and beat them togeher until we have a smooth mixture.T
- hen, with a spatula, mix the mixture with hazelnut flour.
- With a spoon mold small cookies and place them on a baking sheet that we cover with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a well-preheated oven at 180 °C.
- Put the margarine in a bowl and beat it with the mixer until it becomes a velvety cream.
- Add the powdered sugar in three batches while beating.
- Finally add the vanilla and Matcha Ninja and mix until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Allow the cookies to come to room temperature.
- Put a tablespoon of the cream on the bottom of half the biscuits and top up with the remaining biscuits.