A recipe that is loved in the northern countries of Europe, evolves and becomes healthier (for guilty free craving)!
- 290 gr almond flour
- 400 gr sugar
- 2/4 cup poppy seeds
- 200 gr vegetable oil
- 60 gr apple cider vinegar
- 240 non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Honey flavored tahini to glaze
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Generously grease pan with vegetable shorting and then dust with flour. Be sure to get in all the edges and crevices.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into pan. Fill 3/4 of the way full.
- Tap pan on the counter to release any air and fill all creases.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn cake over onto a cake plate.
- Wait until cool before adding the tahini on top.