It’s not a great discovery day! I just combined two of my all time favorite desserts: the chocolate salami and the lemon pie in one amazing cake! Lemon liqueur works as a taste-link and the flavor complements one another.
For the lemon cream
- 300 g. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 can condensed milk
- Juice + zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp gelatine
- 1 tbsp water
- 250 grams. butter
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1½ package digestive biscuits
- 1/4 cup. lemon liqueur
- 1 cup. tea chopped hazelnuts
- Melt butter in a wide pot over low heat.
- Add the cocoa and stir with spoon.
- Add the condensed milk.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Do not boil mixture, just heat to dissolve the ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon liqueur.
- Break the biscuits using your hands into small pieces (not powder), add them to the mixture and then add and hazelnuts.
- Stir to cover all cookies in the chocolate mixture and let it cool down.
- Spread the mixture using a spoon in a hoop, put on a surface covered with wax paper.
- Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Put the gelatin and the water in a bowl and put it over a double boiler to melt.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Get the zest and juice of lemons.
- Combine the butter with the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Beat the cream cheese with a whisk or mixer and add the cream cookies, condensed milk, lemon juice and zest.
- Then add the gelatin and pour the cream over the chocolate base.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator to freeze well and decorate it with whatever you want from colored sprinkles to candies.