Today’s recipe is one more recipe that I have dreamt of while sleeping. Like in this occasion, sometimes it happens to wake up having dreamt a recipe that I have never tasted, imagined or prepared while being awake!
So, I woke up and I run to the kitchen to prepare a lasagne dish much different than anything of what you have tried so far, layering the lasagne with béchamel sauce, green zucchini and pesto!
- 12 lasagne sheets
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 5 green zucchini, cut into thick slices
- Some basil leaves
- 200 ml basil pesto
- Salt and pepper
- 1 l béchamel sauce
- Butter to grease the baking pan
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick pan.
- Add the onion and the spring onion and cook until golden brown.
- Add the zucchini and cook until al dente.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow some time to cool.
- Add the thinly sliced basil leaves and the pesto to the zucchini and combine them.
- Then, grease the baking pan and place on its bottom ⅓ of the lasagne sheets, filling any possible gap.
- Add half of the béchamel sauce and layer on top of it another ⅓ of the lasagne sheets.
- Add the zucchini-pesto mix and spread until it covers all surface of the sheets.
- Continue with the rest of the sheets and cover with the rest of the béchamel sauce.
- Cover with baking paper and foil and bake in properly pre-heated oven for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove the baking paper and the foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the lasagne cool 15 minutes before slicing into pieces.