Three favorite Greek cheeses in a traditional cheese pie with rustic fyllo.
- 1 packet rustic fyllo sheets
- 4 eggs
- 3 cup milk, fresh
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 200 gr ladotyri from Mytilene, finely grated
- 200 gr haloumi cheese, finely grated
- 400 gr feta cheese, hard
- 1/4 cup olive oil for fyllo sheets
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C on the resistors and place the grill in the lower position.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs.
- Add milk and olive oil and whisk. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Break the feta cheese in a bowl and add the other cheeses.
- Open the rustic fyllo sheet, lay 2 sheets underneath, sprinkle with the milk-egg mixture and sprinkle with the cheeses on the surface.
- Crumbling the sheets is very important in order to pass through the heat and make all the layers of the pie crisp.
- Lay the third shet, sprinkle with the egg-milk and sprinkle with the cheeses. Cover with the 4th and 5th sheets, following the same procedure.
- So sprinkle with the liquid mixture and sprinkle, in between, with the rest of the cheeses. Turn the edges inward, onto the pie. Finally, cover the pie with the last fyllo sheet.
- Cut the surface with a knife without getting to the bottom, careful not to cut the lower fyllo sheets.
- Pour the remaining milk-egg mixture over and sprinkle with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10' until the pie is browned.
- 20 minutes at the end of baking, turn the oven on the lower resistance only.
- Shake the pan and if the whole pie moves then it is ready.