Served hot, it consists a super yummy comfort food of the winter time, a dish the lovers of the Italian cuisine will always turn to. In the recipe that follows, the vegetable broth, the overnight soaked beans and the vegetables are perfectly combined with any type of short pasta like fusilli, farfalle or small shells.
- GIANT BAKED BEANS
- CREAMY CAULIFLOWER WITH GINGER AND TABASCO SOUP RECIPE
- VEGAN COCONUT CURRY PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE
- 400 g beans (medium size), overnight soaked
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery sprigs
- 2 baby zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 800 g tomato concassé
- ¼ of bunch parsley (optional)
- Fresh thyme
- 100 g pasta (of your own choice)
- Put water inside a pot over high heat until you bring it to boil and cook the beans for 40 minutes until soft.
- Cut into cubes the onion and the garlic and slice the carrots, the celery and the zucchini.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil inside a pot over medium heat and sauté the onion and the garlic.
- Then add the carrots, the celery and the zucchinis and stir them continuously with a wooden ladle.
- Add the vegetable broth and the tomato concassé.
- Cover the pot and allow 30 minutes to cook.
- Optionally, thinly chop the parsley and separate the leaves of the thyme from its sprigs.
- When 30 minutes has passed, add the pasta to the pot and keep on cooking for 10 minutes, until you get al dente pasta.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the beans, the parsley, the thyme leaves, salt and pepper.