Quick and easy sweet tart dough recipe that contains zero animal-derived ingredients. The zest of orange, the almond flour and the orange juice make it an ideal base for marmalade, nuts and bitter chocolate tarts. Even if you are not a vegan, it’s a perfect alternative option, as well as a solution to have your tart done when you realize you have run out of eggs at 3 o’clock after midnight (and it is a snowy night, indeed).
- VEGAN ORANGE PIE WITH QUINCE PRESERVE
- BLACKBERRIES VEGAN CHEESECAKE
- 5+1 RECIPES THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT VEGAN DESSERTS
- 200 g plain flour
- 60 ml orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 60 ml olive oil
- 60 g powdered sugar
- 30 g almond flour
- Put all liquid ingredients inside a bowl and beat them using an eggwhisk.
- Add the powdered sugar and keep on whisking.
- Sift thoroughly the plain flour.
- Put inside the bowl the sifted flour and the almond flour.
- Using a rubber spatula fold the dough properly and, after this, knead the dough with your hands.
- When the dough is ready, transfer it in the fridge and allow 30 minutes to stiffen.
- Then, take it of the fridge and, using a rolling pin, flatten it on a lightly floured surface or in between two sheets of parchment paper.