I often hear the phrase “I could become vegan but I can not stop eating cheese!” Ι thought so too! At least until very recently that I first tasted handmade vegan chedar melt in a vegan restaurant!
From the first time I tried it, I knew I had to learn to do it too! After a lot of research and a test night I managed to get to the ideal recipe! The result looks very cheesy and you can easily bring it to your liking by playing with paprika, garlic and salt!
To make vegan mac & cheese, all you have to do is to stir the cheddar melt into cooked spaghetti! Optionally, you can also cook them in the oven with a little black sesame on top!
- 220 gr potatoes, diced large
- 220 gr sweet potatoes, diced large
- 100 gr carrots, diced large
- 150 gr cashews (soaked for mimimum 5 hours or better overnight)
- 120 ml water
- 70 gr olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best!)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of cayenne
- Boil the potatoes and carrots until soft.
- Place cashews in a high speed blender and pulse until creamy.
- Blend potatoes and carrots together along with the rest of the ingredients on high in blender until the cheese is extremely smooth.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week.