Yes, this chocolate bar that you loved when you were a kid can be made at home and be vegan!
He wants a minimum of time and a little patience in the freezer!
- 120 gr unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 160 gr chocolate
- 2 teaspoon oil, sunflower or coconut, optional
- Process the first five ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Line a small pan with parchment paper. Form the blended mixture into patties with your hands, then freeze until firm. (If the mixture is too sticky to make patties, put it in a bowl and freeze for only a few minutes, until it’s firm enough to shape).
- Carefully melt the chocolate chips. I like to stir in the optional 1 teaspoon vegetable or coconut oil before melting because it makes a much smoother chocolate sauce that coats the patties more easily and enables you to use less sauce overall.
- Dip patties into the sauce, take them out on parchment paper then re-freeze until firm.
- Leftovers are best kept cold, but they can definitely be left out for a few hours on a not-too-hot day.