Potatoes (or pommes de terre à la française), a beloved food, full of carbs. They got imported for the first time in Greece by its very first Governor, Ioannis Kapodistrias. Today, you have a chance to rediscover them -in their baby variety- through this super-duper healthy recipe, in which extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and Parmesan cheese share a dance for potato-lovers. If there was not garlic included in the recipe, we would also propose it for office menu – sorry #NSFW!
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley or thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cook, covered, for 30-35 minutes or until just fork-tender.
- Drain well.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange potatoes onto the sheet and use a potato masher to lightly flatten the potatoes in one piece.
- Mix together the butter, garlic and parsley or thyme.
- Pour the mixture over each potato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and lightly spray with olive oil.
- Grill until they are golden and crispy (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove from oven, sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- To serve, season with a little extra salt and parsley, and serve immediately.